Sarah has 20 years experience in international development and a further 10 years of professional experience in the public health sector and working with civil society and not for profit organisations in Australia and in the UK. She has worked in over 30 countries in the Asia and Pacific regions, throughout Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East and Central Asia with national and international NGOs, United Nations agencies, the Australian Government’s International Development Assistance Program, and with the private and corporate sector.
Sarah holds a Bachelor of Applied Science in Physiotherapy, a Masters Degree in Research Methodology and a Masters Degree in Business Administration. She has completed accredited courses in social auditing and social return on investment, facilitation and training, and in Most Significant Change story methods.
Sarah has skills and expertise in the areas of:
- Human Rights, particularly disability rights and inclusive development
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Strategic planning and organisational management
- Program design and management
- Partnership brokering and management
Sarah’s network of associates gives her access to a wider range of skills of expertise that she draws upon in areas that include participatory training; social enterprise; mediation; Indigenous Affairs; mining and development; environmental and social impact assessment and management; and agribusiness.
Some highlights of Sarah’s career are:
- Founder Director of Bobath Wales a specialist clinical service for Children with cerebral palsy(1992 – 1994)
- Country Director Action on Disability and Development (ADD), Zambia Country Program (1994- 1997)
- Assistant International Director, Leonard Cheshire Disability UK responsible for design and management of a global program on disability inclusive development (1999 – 2005)
- Program Manager and member of the country team of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) in Afghanistan (2005 – 2006) responsible for the design and management of the National Program for Action on Disability (NPAD)
- Director Child Centred Community Development Plan International (Australia) (2006 – 2007)
- Board Member Action on Disability and Development (ADD), and Chair of the International Development sub committee since 2012